HOW TO ENJOY YOUR CANDLE
- Trim wood wick to 1/4-1/8" before lighting your candle. Not only is this so you can control the size of the flame but also because the flame draws the wax upwards through the wick. So if it’s not trimmed short and clean, the wax can’t make it to the flame and your wick will not stay lit. Remember it’s not the wood fuelling your candle’s flame, it’s the wax.
- Only burn your candle on a level and fire resistance surface and away from any drafts or pets/children.
- Use a spoon to smooth down any excess wax from the sides. Please note: due to the nature of the coconut bowls, it is impossible to find ONE wick size to fit the range of shapes and sizes they come in. Compared to a standard glass vessel for instance, it is easy to have ONE wick size that will work but that is not the case for coconut bowls so you will have leftover wax where the wick is unable to reach.
- The flame may burn low on the wick when it’s been burning for some time, THIS IS FINE! However, you can blow it out to flick off the ash or break the burnt part off of your wick and relight. Letting it cool for a while and trimming the wick before lighting it again can also help.
- Stop use when 1/2" of the wax remains at the bottom.
- Remove the remainder of the wick & clip and wash out your coconut bowl with warm water and soap. Because it is soy wax, it is water soluble which makes for an easy clean up.
- Reuse your coconut bowl for smoothies, ice cream or snacks!